Hi everybody! I'm Sue, a Certified Coach with FRESH Start, and founder of Busy Moms Living Well! Today, I'm sharing a few tips with you on WHY and HOW to get the exercise we KNOW we need! As a seasoned "busy mom" of 6, I'm someone who GETS why establishing an exercise routine can be difficult! We all know that exercise is an important part of living a healthy lifestyle. It's not only important for your physical health but for your mental & emotional well-being too.
- boost your mood
- weight loss or maintenance
- disease prevention
- sleep better
- more energy
Those are just a few (of many) reasons you should be exercising regularly. Would you agree, knowing you need to exercise and doing it are two different things?! You MUST have a plan! Without a plan it is so easy to make excuses and skip it. Believe me, I know!
Watch the video below for my tips to help you create a weekly exercise plan.
Create an exercise plan that works for YOU:
- Choose a form of exercise you enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, you will likely make excuses and put it off. There are so many options - walking, running, biking, workout dvds, local classes, swimming, etc. Your form of exercise may change during the seasons of the year and that's fine.
- Decide how often you will exercise. I recommend 5 - 6 times of planned exercise a week for about 30 minutes, even if that is just walking.
- Plan your exercise into your week. Get out your calendar for the week and schedule it just like you would any other appointment. Don't leave it to chance.
- Show up for your appointment! You are worth it!
Success = showing up (in this case, for your workout!) even when you don't feel like it.
Come share with Coach Sue how you fit exercise into your busy day on her Facebook page, Busy Moms Living Well!