This dish is so flexible, it can easily be turned vegetarian by eliminating the chicken and using seared tofu squares instead! It is easy, too; from start to finish, it only takes 15-20 minutes! The spicy scent wafting through the house will have your family thinking you took all day to simmer this delicious dinner!
Easy Thai Red Curry Stir-Fry Recipe
• 1 Tbsp canola or olive oil
• 3 Tbsps red Thai curry paste
• 2 cups trimmed sugar snap peas
• 2 large shallots, thinly sliced (or small onion, if that’s what you have on hand)
• 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced into 2 inch long strips
• 1 13-14 oz can of coconut milk, preferably unsweetened
• 1 Tbsp brown sugar
• 2 tsp soy sauce
• 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves (Thai basil, preferably, but any basil will do!)
• 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice (you’ll need 2 or so limes for this recipe, for flavor and to garnish with lime wedges)
• Kosher salt
• 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 Tbsps fish sauce
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the curry paste, and stir frequently as it cooks, about 20 seconds. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the veggies, coconut milk, sugar, and one cup of water.
Stir all ingredients to combine them well. Add the chicken (or tofu) to the mixture, and cover and cook until the veggies are tender, and chicken is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
Stir in the basil, lime juice, and fish sauce, then let dish rest for about 5 minutes off the heat. Season to taste with the kosher salt, and serve over brown rice.
What do you think of this recipe? Does it make delicious healthy dinners look more do-able? Tell me how your Curry turns out below in the comment box, or visit our community and post your take on this "Easy Curry" there!