This healthy version of a classic favorite will have your family asking for more! Low in sugar and high in protein, it's a great balanced meal served with whole grain pasta, a fresh baby spinach salad, and even a small slice of whole grain french bread. Enjoy!
Chicken & Spinach Parmesan Recipe – Done Healthy
How To Make IT:
• 8 small chicken breast (boneless, skinless) cutlets
• 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup olive or canola oil
• 1/2 cup homemade marinara sauce
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 1/4 - 1/2 cup grated mozzarella or real Parmesan cheese
- Coat the chicken cutlets in the bread crumbs, pressing the chicken gently into the crumbs to help them stick to the breast. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the breaded cutlets into the hot oil, and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate to rest.
- Spread 1/2 the marinara over the bottom of a lasagna dish, and top with the cooked cutlets. Place the spinach over the chicken, and the rest of the marinara over that. Then top the dish with the cheese. Broil for 3-4 minutes on high, or until the cheese begins to brown.
Try this 20-minute recipe, then let me know what your family thinks of it in the comments below! You can always post your healthy cooking questions or suggestions in our virtual community as well!!! Come join the lively, daily conversation!