This fish dinner is fresh, light, and so comforting. The warm blend of olive oil, and kalamata olives mingled with carmelized onion and garlic will fill your kitchen with the scents and sensations of the Mediterranean!
Created from all healthy ingredients, this Easy mediterranean tilapia dinner satisfies in one serving!
It’s easy to make, too!
The white wine simmering in the dish will tantalize even the pickiest taste buds in the house! The tilapia could be substituted for another fish if preferred, just adjust cooking time for thicker fillets. This recipe is a great “first try” for a family cook wanting to expand their repertoire of quick and healthy family dinners (especially using fish!) - as it is relatively simple, takes only a few minutes to make, and is guaranteed to be a hit!
Fresh N’ Easy Mediterranean Tilapia
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
• 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1 lb tilapia fillets (4-6 fillets)
• Sea salt, freshly cracked pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic, sauté until softened.
3. Add wine, tomatoes, olives, and parsley.
4. Simmer 5 minutes or until fish turns white and flakes easily with a fork.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Serve with rice or whole wheat pasta mixed with fresh spring veggies to complete this simple family dinner.