Looking for a healthy side dish for that next gathering (to replace a maybe-not-so-healthy-choice!) or just to add as a filling and tasty side dish to your grilled chicken or fish?
This beautiful, super-easy side salad is a perfect pairing to any FRESH entree! Try it and then tell us it's not your new favorite!
Here's how to make this easy side dish:
- 1 Medium Jicama Root, grated with a cheese grater
- 1/2 finely diced orange, yellow or red bell pepper (or you can use mini-sweet bells, too!)
- 1/2 de-seeded cucumber, diced finely
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced (less if it's a strong one! You don't want the flavor to overtake the slaw!)
- Handful FRESH Cilantro, minced lightly with sharp knife (so as not to bruise it!)
- 1/2 to 1 large lime, squeezing the juice directly into slaw mixture (to taste)
- 2/3 of small can of Mandarin Orange Slices, diced (add just 1-2 Tbsp of the juice, but not all of it!)
Stir all the ingredients together, adding or tweaking anything you'd like to your unique taste (such as 1/2 fresh jalapeno, diced, for heat.)
Refrigerate mixture for about 1-2 hours then stir thoroughly again and serve!
Enjoy as a FRESH and healthy side dish that everyone loves! At potlucks and gatherings around our house, this dish gets wiped clean!