We just made this salad at the Healthy Changes Cooking Class we held Monday evening - mmm mm good! I thought it would be great to share this delicious recipe with you!
Salads are still healthy – very healthy – IF they are loaded with rich greens, raw veggies, and lean protein. This salad is exactly that, full of all the right ingredients, and super tasty. Just squeeze a little lime over the top, and if using dressing, you only need a tablespoon drizzle. The salad itself is so tasty, you don’t need much dressing for taste!
Mexican Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
• Bed of greens – spinach, romaine, or other greens
• 15 oz. can black beans, thoroughly rinsed and drained
• Medium avocado, sliced lengthwise
• 1 cup frozen or fresh corn, slightly toasted over medium heat until blackened
• 1 mango, sliced lengthwise
• 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced in long strips
• Red onion, sliced thin and long
• Queso fresco, crumbled as topping
• If desired, zesty tortilla strips as topping
• Chopped cilantro, lime for dressing
Toss all ingredients together for a flavorful, healthy treat! You can chill ahead of time or serve immediately. Enjoy!
Enjoyed this FRESH dish? Get recipes for more delicious ideas right here in our Recipe Box!