With a fancy name like “Orange Chutney Chicken” one might mistakenly guess that this simple chicken cutlets recipe is too complicated or stressful to prepare.
Be assured, it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
For even quicker prep, prepare the cutlets ahead of time, or use a commercially baked chicken. This delicious dinner is a wonderful dish that the whole family will enjoy, and ask for again!
Here's how to make it:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup chutney (or same amount orange marmalade)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, segmented
- 8-12 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets, pre-baked plain or with panko coating in the oven at 375-400 degrees for 8-10 minutes
1. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add the sliced garlic cloves and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring for 30 seconds more.
3. Add in the chutney and orange juice, cooking until melted.
4. Gently stir in the segmented orange and remove from heat.
5. Serve the sauce drizzled over the chicken cutlets, over a bed of brown rice or pasta, or a FRESH Salad.
This dish is another piece of proof that comfort-food dinners CAN BE made healthy! They are good-for-you and can be made over, just switching out a couple ingredients as items from the old favorites aren't always the best.
Follow along with us as we introduce many new dishes on this blog - to help you keep comfort food on your family’s dinner table! It’ll just be the nutritiously delicious kind!