Ready for a new and easy way to cook up a batch of chicken thighs for your loves? These Asian-Inspired Grilled Chicken Thighs will wow your family, yet keep you OUT of your kitchen!
I was ready for a dinner idea like that, too! Even with all the experimenting I do in creating foods that my picky eaters will actually enjoy (but don't take all day in the kitchen to prepare!) I get a little bored in our same old-same old choices! This easy recipe was just the fix.
We all know that boneless, skinless chicken is a better bet for our healthy eating plans than skin-on. NOT eating the skin can save you too much fat, empty calories and cholesterol-raising trouble! Yet, finding FRESH ideas that don't break the bank or the taste buds, that's where the challenge happens...
Once you try this delicious recipe, let us know if you'll be adding it to your family favorites from now on! I'm sure you're going to love it.
Here's how to make it:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3-5 diced Green Onions
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, sweetener and garlic in a bowl until blended. Pour half the marinade into a large zipper bag; keep the other half of the sauce set aside in the bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs into the bag containing marinade, squeeze all the air out of the bag, and seal. Shake a few times to coat chicken with marinade.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Grill the coated chicken over medium heat until done.
- While the chicken is grilling, pour the other half of the marinade into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring marinade to a soft boil, cooking for 3 to 5 minutes, to thicken sauce.
- After the chicken is finished grilling, baste with the additional, thickened marinade and sprinkle diced green onions and sesame seeds over the thighs before serving.
Easy enough, right? I especially love how FEW INGREDIENTS are needed for this recipe. You can serve it over a FRESH salad, with grilled veggies like zucchini or eggplant or mushrooms, OR with a delicious fried rice!
For more delicious (and EASY!) recipes like this one, visit our Recipe Box here!