The tasty greens and protein in this Napa Cabbage Chicken Salad are always a hit at our house!
This easy dinner recipe is a family (and guest!) favorite – we never get tired of throwing this easy, fresh dish together for a light dinner.
Even though it's a salad, you might be surprised at just how filling it is just served by itself for a meal. The chicken and cabbage combination delivers lots of tasty nutrients, which help keep you full longer than most salads, yet it doesn't feel heavy on your stomach.
Even the kids like it, and ask for this crunchy entrée often!
Here's how to make the Napa Cabbage Chicken Salad for your own family:
Napa Cabbage Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 Head Napa Cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- Handful chopped cilantro
- Crunchies for topping:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 package ramen noodles, crushed
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Combine the shredded cabbage, green onions, and cilantro in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter, adding the ramen, sesame seeds, and almonds to the pan. Toast the mixture for about 3-4 minutes, or until browned nicely. Make sure not to burn them.
- To make the dressing, set a small saucepan on high heat, and add in all the ingredients together. Stir frequently, until the mixture comes to a quick boil, then immediately remove the pan from the heat. Let the dressing cool to room temp.
- Toss the salad mixture, crunchies, chicken, and dressing together just before serving for this quick and delicious dinner!
Cabbage really is an under-rated superfood - rich in many nutrients, but most notably Vitamin C. Did you know that cabbage is actually higher in vitamin C than oranges? This salad is also a delicious source of potassium, sulphur, fiber, magnesium and vitamin E!
I would love to hear how you liked the Napa Cabbage Chicken Salad after you make it! Share your food pics and happy faces in our (FREE) FRESH Start Online Community on Facebook or you can post a comment right here on this blog!